The admission process for obtaining higher education under Quality Improvement Program (QIP) of AICTE starts one academic year in advance. The candidates who are offered admission to PhD degree during the year 2016-2017 start their 60 days contact period in the academic year 2017-2018 and join as full-time students in the academic year 2018-2019. The candidates offered admission to M.Tech degree during the year 2016-2017 join as full-time students in academic year 2017-2018. The admission process starts from the online portal hosted at principal coordinating institute. The role of principal coordinating institute rotates among various IITs (major centres). The professor-in-charge at principal coordinating institute is called “Principal Coordinator”. For the years 2015-2016 and 2016-2017, IIT Bombay acts as principal coordinating institute. http://www.qip.iitb.ac.in The candidates seeking admissions under QIP are required to go through following admission process.
1. The candidate creates his/her login id and password on the QIP admissions portal located at http://www.qip.iitb.ac.in/applications2017/.
2. After creating login id, the candidates can login to the portal and fill up their details in the application form online. The candidate may refer to the brochure for detailed information about each field in the application form.
3. The candidates can print/edit the application form online.
4. The Candidates can view/print the “Draft” copy of their applications by clicking on the “Print Draft Copy” link. The candidates must view the draft copies verify all details filled in by them for correctness.
5. The next step in the admission process is to pay the application fees (nonrefundable) and take the final print out.
6. These options are available under the “Final printout” link. Please note that once the candidate takes final printout, the application form is locked.
7. Please verify all application details before taking the final print out, any changes in the application details are not permitted after taking the final print out.
8. The candidates shall send all application final printouts (including the ones for the QIP centres) to the principal coordinator. Remember that all applications forms and enclosures are to be sent to principal coordinator only. Please do not send anything to the QIP centres.
9. The applications received at principal coordinators office are scrutinized for eligibility. The incomplete and ineligible applications are declined at the principal coordinator’s office.
10. All eligible applications are forwarded to the respective QIP centres.
11. The QIP centres further scrutinize the applications received by them and issue the call letters for written test/interviews for shortlisted candidates.
12. The QIP centres conduct the interviews and send their recommendations to the principal coordinator. Also, the QIP centres give ranks to recommended candidates and forward their recommendations to the principal coordinator.
13. The principal coordinator compiles all recommendations according to the institute ranks and candidate choices, hosts an NQCC meeting where all the recommendations are discussed and final admissions are decided.
14. The final list of candidates who are offered admission under QIP is displayed on the website and communicated to all the QIP centres.
15. The QIP centres send offer letters to the candidates.