JEE - Joint Entrance Examination is a nationwide entrance examination conducted for admittance to various engineering colleges and institutions across India. Now coming to those aspirants who are eagerly waiting for JEE main counselling results so as to ensure which college and seat they are allocated they can check from the official website of JEE.JEE Main Counselling 2017 is mainly conducted through online mode. It is conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority 2017 which lasts from 24th July to last week of July 2017. Allocation of seats will be purely based on merit. This counselling session will be conducted along with JEE Advance.The candidates who have failed to attend the entrance examination will not be permitted with allocated seats. The more rank the candidate achieves than more the chance of acquiring the seats for the desired location. Suppose if desired candidates reject the seats than they are not allowed to attend further stages. Below illustrates the procedure for counselling.The first stage of JEE counselling involves online registration. The candidates have to specify relevant details regarding the category they belong and date of birth. The steps involved in online registration are stated below:
● Visit the official site.
● Enter your JEE Main 2017 Roll Number and password.
● Click on the Login button.
● Go through the information carefully.
● Next click on the “I Agree ' button.
● The registration form will appear on the screen.
● Enter required details carefully.
● Click on the declaration button.
● Next click on the submit button.
● Go through the filled details carefully.
● Now click on the “Confirm Registration' button.
The next step involves Online Choice Filling and Locking wherein the candidates have to specify the colleges of their preference that would be considered during the counselling sessions. The steps involved in this stage are stated below:
● To select the type intuitions, the name of the college and the desired program the aspirants has to click on the choice available button that is displayed on the screen.
● Now click on the “Choice Filling and Locking” option. Next, choose the colleges and courses.
● Ensure to fill the maximum courses and colleges as you may have more number of choices to opt from.
● Choices have to be made in decreasing order of preferences. If the candidate wishes to change the choice that has been filled they can click on the edit, delete or choice Interchange button.
● Next click on the option “Choice Rearrange” then click on the “save' button.
● Suppose if candidates want to delete their filled choices then they can click on the “Multiple Deletion” button.
● Now click on the “Lock Choice” option so as to lock the choices before a deadline.
● Once locked changes cannot be made.
● After each round of counselling choice locking can be made.
The next stage involves allotment of seats. Allotment of seats will be made based on an availability of seats, reservation criterion, and choices filled. Within few days of “choice lock” the aspirants will receive an SMS or an e-mail regarding seat allotments. Once the candidate receives the SMS or an e-mail he or she can download the seat allotment letter. Next, the candidates have to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee once the seats are allocated. The students have to carry all the necessary documents while attending the first round of allotment process. These documents will serve as a proof for various factors that is necessary seat allotment process.After the completion of this process, the aspirants have to report to the allotted institutions with required documents namely admit card, date of birth certificate, marks the card for JEE Main 2017, three passport size photograph, any one of the identity card, class twelveth marks card and receipt of seat acceptance fee payment.
About Author: Bhavishya.S is presently working as a content writer at Byju’s. She loves to pen down her imagination through words. Since when she started her career she has written articles and blogs. If you wish to discuss any related concepts or ideas feel free to drop an email at [email protected]