University of Calcutta has invited applications for the admissions to Phd course. Eligible candidates can do admissions into the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme in Chemistry offered at the Department of Chemistry for the session 2017.
The University of Calcutta is a public state university located in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), West Bengal, India established on January 24, 1857. The University of Calcutta was ranked 601-650 in the QS World University Rankings of 2011 and 43 in the QS University Rankings for Asia in 2012. At present, the Calcutta university has sixty five departments which has been organised into eight faculties: agriculture; arts; commerce; social welfare & business management; education, journalism and library science; engineering & technology; fine arts, music and home science; law and science.
Eligibility Criteria : In order to apply for the Phd course, aspirants need to have
- a Master’s degree from a recognised university/institute.
- Score of at least 55 per cent in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) .
Procedure : For pursing the PhD course at University of Calcutta,
- All the candidates will need to appear for common entrance test which is followed by interview for candidates successful in the same.
- Candidates who already cleared the UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examinations/NET/SET/SLET/GATE or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship /Teacher fellowship or have passed equivalent examinations or passed the MPhil/MTech /MD/ME/MPharm or equivalent examination, are exempted from written test.
- The applicants will need to pay Rs 100 for each application form.
Last Date For Applying
All the candidates will be required to apply through a prescribed format by February 16, 2017.