The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela has released an admission notification inviting applications from interested, eligible candidates to apply for its Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Technology (MTech) by research programme offered in engineering, science, management, and humanities and social sciences for the academic session commencing in January 2017.
PhD programme: The candidates interested in applying for this programme must be holding:
- ME/ MTech/MPharm degree in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 per cent marks in aggregate, in both BTech (or MSc/BPharm/MCA or equivalent) and MTech levels, from a recognised technical institute or university
- Should be holding a BE/BTech/BPharm/MCA or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 per cent marks in aggregate
- Should have pursued MSc in basic sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 per cent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines
- Should possess a valid GATE/ NET/ GPAT score or must have appeared for other national level fellowship tests like DST-INSPIRE, RGNF etc., requirement may be relaxed upto 0.5
- Should possess an MBBS/BVSc degree with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate
MTech (research) programme: The candidates interested in applying for this programme should have pursued:
- BE/BTech/BPharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with 60 per cent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA)
- Should have pursued MSc in basic sciences with 60 per cent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA) in relevant disciplines
- Should have a MBBS/BVSc with 60 per cent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA).
The candidates will be selected on the basis of academic record, tests and interviews.
How to apply:
The candidates are required to apply at the official website www.nitrkl.ac.in
The last date for filling up online application is November 25.
Interview will be held on December 12.
The result of the interview will be put on the website on December 16.