Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras has invited application from eligible candidates for admission to PhD and MS programs in various disciplines of Engineering and Technology. The last date to apply for the July 2017 session is April 2, 2017. The institute will conduct an interview and/or written test for selection of candidates. The dates for interview and/or written test will be intimidated to the candidates by email by the respective departments. The Institute will provide financial assistant to candidates selected for both the programs.
The financial assistance awarded to PhD candidates is Rs. 25,000 per month for the first two years and then Rs. 28,000 for the next three years. The financial assistance for MS students is Rs. 12,400 per month for the period of eligibility.
- Last date to apply online: April 2, 2017
- Interview and/or Test date: May 1, 2017 to May 12, 2017
- Display of selected candidates list on the department website: June 2, 2017
How to Apply
- Go to the official website for Research admission at IIT Madras: https://research.iitm.ac.in/
- Click on Apply Online link and in the new window click on sign in/sign up to proceed.
- Create a new account and then login to your account to complete the application process.
Candidates will need to upload a copy of the score card of qualifying examination and/or University rank card in the application form. Application forms without the requisite documents will be rejected.
IIT Madras charges a nominal application fee. The application fee for male candidates belonging to general or OBC (non-creamy layer) category is Rs. 100. The application fee for rest of the candidates is Rs. 50.
Candidates willing to apply to more than one program can apply separately and will have to pay application fee accordingly.