Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has released notification for Summer Fellowship in Science and Engineering 2017. The fellowship is open for SC/ ST students only. Interested candidates should note that the application submission process will begin from 10 March 2017. Candidates can start applying for the fellowship 10 am onwards. Only those candidates, belonging to SC/ ST category, studying 1st year M.Sc in science disciplines (Biological, Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences) or 3rd year B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, during the academic year 2016-17 are eligible to apply.
IISc Fellowship: Important Points
- IISc will provide Travelling allowance equivalent to 2nd Class sleeper train fare from nearest station, will give free boarding and lodging (on sharing basis) at IISc, will provide fellowship of Rs. 5000 and a book grant of Rs. 1500
- Candidates, after selection, shall work with one of the faculty members of IISc
- Candidates will get a chance to learn different research techniques during the one month (June-July 2016)
- Candidates should apply online for the fellowship
- After sending online application, candidates should take a printout of the same along with study certificate. Candidates should attach passport size photograph at the required place of the application.
- The application must be duly signed by the Principal of the institute (the signed application must be scanned and saved in PDF or Jpg format)
Candidates should upload the same on website of IISc (iisc.ac.in)
The last date for submission of filled in application is 15 April 2017.